Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2012 Summer Clearance Trade Phillies for Cardinals

My excess Cardinal cards went to madding at the Cards on Cards blog. Madding is a repeat trade partner and it's always great to kook up with previous traders. Here's some of the good stuff I got.

1994 Stadium Club Golden Rainbow #289 Curt Schilling
Parallel sets are all the rage but in 1994 the practice was still new. I have all the Phillies from the 1994 Stadium Club base set but not too many of the Golden Rainbow parallel. Madding sent three of them.

1999 Bowman International #113 Eric Valent
I featured 1999 Eric Valent cards before. Topps used this same photo on their Bowman, Stadium Club and Topps set in 1999. There are still 5 or 6 parallel versions out there I need.

2003 Topps Flashback Lenny Dykstra
Probably the less said about Lenny Dykstra the better. Anyway, this is one of several Dykstra insert cards published in 2003.

2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition #27 Julian Sampson
As I mentioned in an earlier post, these are the kinds of cards that a hard to get when you're a team collector. And knowing Donruss, there are probably a dozen parallels to this card. Madding sent two other cards from this set as well. Thanks!

2007 Upper Deck Goudey #226 Ryan Howard
There were two Howard cards in this set, this one and a short-print card. I had the short-print already.

2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Refractor #73 Greg Golson
Here's another card that's hard to come by. I generally only buy one blaster of this product and what I get is what I get. I already had the base version but there are several other rarer parallels still out there.

2008 Topps Chrome Refractor #10 Cole Hamels
Another card that I had the base version of. Topps Chrome is another product I don't buy much. The 2008 version is very nice. The team and play names pop right out of the card.

2010 Topps 2020 #7 Ryan Howard
These cards have a great 3D effect and I love 'em.






No comments: