Monday, July 30, 2012

2012 Summer Clearance Trade - It's Over

Well, thanks to everyone who participated in the great 2012 Capewood's Collections Summer Clearance Trade. The last cards were mailed out last Saturday. It was the largest trading event in the baseball card blogosphere (as far as I know), involving 23 trades in just over 5 weeks and thousands of cards changing hands. There are still three teams left which will be available for a limited time. They are:


This post will highlight just a few of the cards I received. I intend to feature each trade in a future blog post but that will take some time. I'm still going through the cards I received and I'm waiting for cards from a few of the trades. Later posts will feature links back to my trading partner's blogs.

This also happens to be my 1,000th post. I've been doing this since early 2008. Sometimes it gets hard to keep going, but trading events like this remind me that there are a lot of great cards I have that I only have because of the great contacts I've made through the blog. So the posts will keep coming.

1976 Topps Traded #68 Ron Reed
I have most of the Phillies cards from the 1970s but Larry managed to find 14 I didn't have, including most of the 1979 set.

1982 Topps #636 Pete Rose/Steve Carlton
This was the last 1982 Topps Phillies card I needed. Thanks Scott.

1985 Topps #760 Nolan Ryan
I'm not really too interested in pre-1995 Astros cards but a Nolan Ryan card I don't have is always welcome. And I have a soft spot in my heart for 1985 Topps since it was the first year I started collecting. Thanks Max.

1990 Classic III #8 Wes Chamberlain
 I've only ever seen one card from this set before and I had to pay for it on eBay. Thanks Greg G.!

1993 Select #79 Mitch Williams
 The Wild Thing, one of the improbable stars of the improbable 1993 Phillies. Thanks Greg A.

1996 Metal Universe #172 Jeff Bagwell
This metal foil monstrosity is from one of the most bizarre sets from the mid-1990s. Another thanks to Greg A.

2002 Absolute Memorabilia #67 Lance Berkman
I don't believe I ever saw these cards for sale anywhere in 2002 so I only have a couple of them. Thanks, John.

2005 Bowman Draft Picks Chrome #86 Tommy Manzella
 I had the gold version of this card. I still don't have the regular version. This guy hasn't made it to the major yet. Thanks, Jeremy.

2006 Upper Deck Kids Mascot #2 Phillie Phanatic
The last, and obviously the most important, card I need to complete this 3-card set. Thanks Larry.

2009 Topps 206 Mini Piedmont #39 Jayson Werth
Werth may not be a Phillie any longer but we loved him when he was. Thanks Kerry.

2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary #460 Cole Hamels
Instead of unloading Hamels, the Phillies signed him to a big long term deal. Thanks for the card Nathan.


2012 Topps Archives #7 Cole Hamels
Another great card from Greg G. Thanks!









3 comments:

night owl said...

You're welcome and happy 1,000!

Many more to come, I hope.

Justin McLeod said...

Congrats on good ole' 1000!!

Chunter said...

Thanks so much and a hearty congrats on 1000!