Monday, August 1, 2011

2011 Allen & Ginter Phillies

Topps did a good job once again with Allen & Ginter. They managed to produce a new design that is significantly different than past years but is still clearly Allen & Ginter. I'm just going to post the Phillies right now. I bought 16 rack packs and one hobby box and managed to pull all the Phillies except Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins. I also managed to get about 65% of the base set without too many duplicates. I'm hoping to make a post later this week comparing some A&G with some Heritage cards. I've noticed some, shall we say, similarities.








In Sunday's extra inning win over the Pirates, Pence got a 2-out double in the 10th. Raul Ibanez, who already had two home runs in the game, doubled Pence in for the winning run. Pence was interviewed after the game by Sarge Matthews. Sarge asked Pence what he was thinking when Ibanez hit the double. Pence said "Good game, let's go eat".


No comments: