Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2011 Summer Clearance Trade with BA Benny

Only one more trade package in-hand after this one. Mike (aka BA Benny) sent me a nice package of cards in return for Mets. There were 20 cards I needed. The highlights follow.

1986 Fleer Star Stickers #52 Von HayesThe man the Phillies fans called 5-for-1 Hayes. I had just started collecting baseball cards in 1985 and for the first few years only bought Topps. I had a few from this set which I pulled from repacks but this is my first Phillie.

2003 Topps Chrome #405 David BellNot such a great player for the Phillies but this is the only Phillie I have from this set.

2006 Artifacts #67 Bobby AbreuThis is a set I always liked but had only bought a single blaster. Only the second Phillie from the set that I have.

2008 Finest #21 Chase UtleySince the demise of my local card shop some 6 or 7 years ago, I rarely buy Finest. I've never seen a blaster of this product and the big box stores never have single packs. I only have a handful of cards from this set and this is the first Phillie.

2008 Topps Chrome 50th Anniversary All Rookie Team #9 Jimmy RollinsNice card. And I didn't have any of these, Phillies or otherwise.

2008 Topps Heritage #350 Jimmy RollinsThe last card I needed to complete the Phillies set.

2009 Topps Heritage #185 Kyle KendrickKendrick is mainly used as a spot starter this year by the Phillies. Especially since Oswalt has been down. He pitched a pretty good game against the Mets on Sunday, leaving the game after 7 with an 8-1 lead. The Phillies hung on to win that game 8-5.

2010 Topps Attax Silver #21 Roy HalladayLike I've said before, I'm not a fan of these Attax cards, although the silver versions were pretty cool. I didn't have any Phillies in the silver. Mike also sent me the Jimmy Rollins. The worse thing about the 2010 Attax is that you have to look the cards up on Beckett.com to figure out the card number.

2010 Topps Heritage #77 J. A. HappHapp was part of the trade to the Astros in July 2010 to bring Roy Oswalt to the Phillies. I liked this year of Topps Heritage. Mike also sent me Placido Polanco from this set.

1 comment:

The Angels In Order said...

Please email me again about the Angels trade. I'm having difficulties.