Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trade with gcrl

Here are some of the cards I got in trade from Jim over at gcrl. The link will take you to his post of what I sent him. He's pretty much wiped out my excess Dodgers. Let's start out with the shiny stuff.

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractor #121 Roy OswaltI had a handful of these 2010 X-Fractor cards but no Astros. Of course, Roy O is an Astro killer now.

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractor #149 Carlos LeeCarlos had a pretty disappointing 2010. In Saturday's 9-4 loss to the Phillies, he knocked in all the Astro's runs with a homer, triple and single.

2010 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor #91 Wandy RodriguezI didn't have a single one of these orange refractor cards. Into the reference collection. In that same 9-4 lose to the Phillies, Wandy got roughed up, giving up 7 earned runs in 4 innings.

1995 Topps #454 Tony EusebioI already had most of the mid-1990 Astros cards Jim sent. But not this one. Looks to have been taken in spring training. Note the line of autograph seekers over Tony's right shoulder.

2010 Topps Tales of the Game #7 Mike SchmidtMike Schmidt isn't pictured on this card but this "Tale" is about Mike. On June 10, 1974, he walloped a massive hit which would have been well out of any park, but not the Astrodome. It hit a speaker 300 feet from home plate and 117 feet in the air. It was ruled a single.

2011 Topps Heritage #146 Placido PolancoI did pretty well pulling Phillies from 2011 Topps Heritage, but here's one I missed.

2009 Fan Pak #20 Jayson WerthI'm pretty sure I bought a pack of these cards in 2009 but I don't remember opening them or what happened to them.

1978 Hostess #8/9 Greg Luzinski and Enos CabellI've heard of these but had never seen one. Living in Philadelphia, we didn't buy Hostess products. It was Tastykakes for us. These panels were part of the packaging for Hostess products. There are supposed to be three players to a panel. Missing from this one is Tommy John. But that's OK, it's got Greg Luzinski on it.

2004 Topps Cracker Jack #40 Rafael FurcalMy first thought was "Why did he send me a Rafael Furcal card"? Then I realized it was a 2004 Topps Cracker Jack, plus 3 others I didn't have. Hey, I'm collecting that set! Jim started his post with the Topps Heritage Furcal Dodger I sent him so I'll end this post with Furcal.

No comments: