Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Book Club - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Ok, I know I'm 58 years old, but I still love quirky and this is quirky. We've been seeing trailers for the movie "Scott Pilgrim Versus the World" and have been looking forward to the movie. My daughter told me she had the series on which the movie is based so I said I'd give it a shot.Scott Pilgrim is a 23-year-old slacker living in Toronto (I think) with a 17-year-old girlfriend named Knives. His friends, members of his terrible rock band, always tease him about dating a high schooler. Then he starts dreaming about Ramona Flowers. Ramona delivers books for Amazon.ca through hyperspace highways that run through Scott's head. That's why he's dreaming about her. Did I say quirky? He and Ramona start dating and he learns she has 7 evil ex-boyfriends that he must defeat. I'll probably read the rest of the series. And still go see the movie.

No comments: