Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cards from Dinged Corners

The ladies at Dinged Corners were having a clearance so I put in my order. They also set along a nice random set of Phillies and Astros, about half of which I didn't have. How do they do it? I'll be keeping my eye out for David Wright and Curtus Granderson cards for them. Here's just a small sample of what they sent.

2007 Bowman Heritage Foil Chase Utley No Signature variation #193I already had the base card and the base card no signature variation of this card. The base card no sig card is a short print but apparently, the foil no sig variation is not a short print. This was one of my favorite years of Bowman Heritage and I really like the foil cards. It's the only no sig foil card I have.

2008 Topps Moments and Milestones Autographs Felipe Paulino #RA-FP
I now have the honor of owning two 2008 Felipe Paulino cards with sticker autos. The other is from the Topps Co-Signers set. According to today's Houston Chronicle, Paulino will be competing in spring training for the 4th or 5th starting pitcher spot. He was 3-11 in 17 starts in 2009 with an ERA of 6.27. I think he's going to have to better than that in 2010.

2007 Bowman Heritage Pieces of Greatness Craig Biggio # PG-CB
2007 was Biggio's final season. By the time I got to the Houston area in 1995, Biggio was in his 8th season. But I'd been a fan of his for years. It was a pleasure to see him play for 12 more years.

2002 Disabled American Veterans Craig Biggio
Disabled American Veterans is a non-profit group which helps disabled American veterans. I didn't know this but apparently they sponsor special events at a number of ball parks every summer and some teams produce DAV cards for the games.

No comments: