Monday, August 22, 2016

Donruss Chrome!

The first Topps Chrome cards were 20 years ago, in 1996. I wonder if their patent (assuming they had one) has expired.

Of course this Panini product is not called Donruss Chrome, it's called Donruss Optic.

It has the exact look and feel of Topps Chrome. It's based on 2016 Donruss, which is a set I don't really like. I was sorry I bought this as soon as a pulled the first card from the pack. I'm glad I only bought one pack. The $9.99 for 16-cards price was another reason to only buy one.

They also have Refractor cards but they call them Holo cards.

They even have Purple Halo cards

Four of these come per pack.

3 comments:

night owl said...

Yeah, I don't get the excitement for this. It's a shiny version of a terrible-looking set. No thanks.

Mike Matson said...

I'm generally uninterested in shiny sets

Twitch said...

I like 'em a lot! If you pulled any Cubs or Diamond Kings I'd be happy to trade for them.