Monday, October 19, 2015

Baseball Beards Part 1

Is it my imagination or are more baseball players wearing beards these days than ever before?  I don't think it's my imagination and tomorrow I'll present some more data. Today, we're just going to look at beards in 2015.  I tediously counted beards in my 2015 baseball cards. I do this kind of thing so you don't have to. I have 2015 cards for 639 different major leaguers. I didn't count prospects, former players or managers. Of this 639, 373 have beards of one kind or another. That's better than 50%. Every other guy in a baseball game has a beard.

What kind of beards to these guys have? Pretty much every kind. According to beards.org there are 11 kinds of beards. But there are a lot of combinations of different types of beards in MLB.

Full Beard


There's a lot of this going on.


Full Beard Mountain Man


Chin Curtain



Chin Curtain with a Chin Strap

Mutton Chops


Friendly Mutton Chops
Goatee and Mustache


Goatee


Extended Goatee


Chin Strap


Goatee with Chin Strap

Balbo

Soul Patch
Soul Patch with Mustache



No comments: