Friday, October 2, 2015

2015 Topps Heritage High Number Series

After trying two Targets, I found blasters of this product at Walmart. They had 3 boxes and I bought them out. I was really hoping to get this card.


2015 Topps Heritage #563 Carlos Correa

I finally pulled it from the last pack in the third blaster. Whew!  Correa is the Astros entry in the AL Rookie of the Year sweepstakes. As of when I was writing this, Carlos was .281 with 21 home runs and 61 RBI. He was called up in June and has been the regular shortstop. And he plays great defense at short. This card is going for $8-$10 on eBay. There is also an "action" variation of this but I didn't to see any of those in a retail box.

I had already pulled this card from the first blaster I opened.

2015 Topps Heritage Chrome Purple Refractor #563 Carlos Correa
Notice that the Purple Chrome and the regular card are cropped differently. This was in the second pack I opened. Every pack in that 1st blaster had a Purple Refractor in it with no indication on the box that such a thing was possible.

I also pulled this from that 3rd box,

2015 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Relic Gold Chris Davis


According to the box, the gold relics are seeded 1 in 267 packs. I love getting relic cards in retail boxes. Not that this is such a hard card to get. You can go on eBay right now and get it for about $5.

I also pulled this from the first blaster.

2015 Topps Heritage Bazooka Yasmany  Tomas


There were 25 of these in the regular issue although I never saw one. There are 10 in the High Series. 

So I'm pretty happy with the boxes. All-in-all, there were 216 cards of which 26 were inserts or parallels. I haven't actually gotten through all of them yet but it looks like I only got a handful of dups. So maybe I got 190 of the 250 card set. Not enough to tempt me into trying to collect all of them. Also, I think I pulled all the Astros in the set and maybe all the Phillies. Not bad.

On the other hand there was entirely too much of this sort of thing.



No comments: