Tuesday, June 3, 2014

1996 Pro Stamps - Phillies

While I was trolling eBay looking for 1996 Phillies cards I found this odd ball item.

This produced by something called Chris Martin Enterprises. Each team sheet has 5 players (numbered) and one team logo stamp (which is not numbered). Not including the logo stamps, there are 140 players in the set. The stamps feature the players name and USA in gold foil. I am planning to leave the sheet intact, rather than cutting it up into individual stamps.

On the back is a complete checklist and a coupon. For $5 and 10 proofs of purchase you could join the Pro Stamps Club and get a "cool" membership card, a team stamp poster and a newsletter. I'm sorry to say that the prostamps.com web site is defunct.

Googling for Chris Martin Enterprises indicates that they made other baseball related items in the 1990's. There appears to be a Chris Martin Enterprises in Kansas City, MO, but I couldn't tell what they do.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Those are neat. I have the Royals set of them.
http://royalsandrandoms.blogspot.com/2013/08/extreme-posting-delays-ttg-edition.html

Josh D. said...

Those are neat. I have the Royals set of them.
http://royalsandrandoms.blogspot.com/2013/08/extreme-posting-delays-ttg-edition.html