Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2011 Topps A&G Discount Box

Perhaps you're sick of 2011 Allen & Ginter. If so, you can skip this post. Go ahead, I won't mind. I was in Target last Friday and they had a blaster box of A&G at 20% off the regular price. I probably shouldn't have considering how much of this product I bought this year and my bad experience earlier in the week with the 2008 box of UD Masterpieces. But I did. I was very happy. Of the 48 cards in the box, I needed 22 of them. Pretty good odds. I'm not going to show them all but just a few of interest.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter #28 John Lindsey
It's nice to get rookie cards but I don't think we should hope for much from John Lindsey. He was a 33-year-old rookie in 2010, having been the Rockies 13th round draft pick in 1995. 1995!

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter #97 Zach Britton
Another rookie but maybe we like him better. He was 11-11 with the 69-93 Orioles last year.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter #321 Mark Reynolds
Here's a trivial question for you. Who is the only player to lead his league in striking out three seasons in a row, sign a 3-year contract worth about $24 million with a team in the other league, and then lead that league in strikeouts? Why Mark Reynolds, of course. I have not actually determined if Mark Reynolds is the only answer to this question.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Floating Fortresses #11 Lave
Another in my series of Wikipedia cards.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Hometown Heroes #90 Ryan Howard
I'm always happy to pull a Ryan Howard card I didn't already have.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Hometown Heroes #58 Jimmy Rollins
Or, really, any Phillies card I didn't already have. I now have 6 Phillies from this insert set.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Minds that Made the Future #40 Ben Franklin
Another home town favorite.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini A and G Back #274 Stan Lee
Are you excited about The Avengers coming out this summer? Stan Lee is.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini Black #20 Jeremy Hellickson
I only had a handful of the mini black cards, and no rookies. Getting 2011 AL Rookie of the Year isn't bad.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini World's Most Mysterious Figures #5 D. B. Cooper
Another Wikipedia card. Not too surprising since nobody really knows what he looks like. This is an FBI composite drawing. 40 years ago, Cooper, or whatever his real name is, pulled off the only, apparently successful plane skyjacking in the US.

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Code Cards #40 John McEnroe
So what is this card? I've have some of the cards with these corner decorations in black and a few in gold. But those had the things in all four corners. This only has one corner covered.


1 comment:

Ali said...

WOW Such a beautiful images.
Plastic card printing