Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fairfield Authentic Memorabilia repack

You've seen these in the big box stores.


Sometimes I just have to buy one. First, the memorabilia card.



I'm not a big fan of the 2010 Upper Deck jersey cards but this one features Chase Utley and has a stripe so I already feel like I got my money's worth.

The three packs were 2008 Upper Deck X, 2007 Fleer and 2007 Topps. Not among my favorite sets.

There were 8 base cards in the Fleer pack with two inserts. I had most of the cards already but I didn't have this one.

I'm happy with this since I collect Vlad.

The Topps pack was pretty much a waste of time. I did get this card which I didn't have.

Thorman was the Braves #1 draft pick in 2000 and I have his 2000 Bowman Draft Picks Autograph card, which, the last time I looked (several years ago) was booking at $80. Thorman hasn't played a game at the major league level since 2007 and has been on 5 different teams since then. If anyone wants to offer me $80 for the autograph card it's yours.

Then there was this.

A-Rod had something like 464 home runs heading into the 2007 season. That means there were 464 of these cards, one for each home run. There were only a handful of different photos used. I already had 214 and 215 which have the same photo as 213. Is this an insert set that anyone seriously chased?

I saved the 2nd best for last. This came out of the Upper Deck X pack.

Xponential 4! I had samples of 1, 2, and 3 (the only 3 I have is Ryan Howard). If I'm only going to have one of the 4s (and I don't expect to see another one) it might as well be Albert.





4 comments:

--David said...

Wow, I'd say all-in-all, you scored pretty well with that one! I have debated about buying one myself. I am almost tempted after seeing this. Haha, I'd probably get rooked.

Boundless Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. said...

If you want to see the mind blowing article with real facts and figures, this has really tremendous impacts on readers.
CCTV Karachi

Adams Scott said...

Generally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very great post.
advertising agencies in pakistan | advertising agencies in Lahore | advertising agencies in Karachi

Best Article Websites said...


Thanks for sharing so interesting article with us. I agree with your idea completely. I am looking forward to another great article from you.
Advertising agencies in UK | Mobile apps for university